Innovative solutions to fight COVID-19
In the context of the crisis that is occupying the entire planet, Hypios is trying with its means to participate in the general effort to find possible solutions to curb this pandemic which is a health scourge, coupled with an economic crisis.*
This is not just about any country. This is an unprecedented global war! This pandemic is a common challenge faced by mankind in the age of globalization. At this moment, sharing and integrating information is our only chance to win. As an innovation company which has contacts with experts in various fields, we Hypios invite you to cooperate with us by sharing information, resources, experiences, and suggestions regarding the items listed below. We must declare that this is not a typical challenge with rewards we usually organize, but a special event means to group all the capable people to fight in this war together. The real remedy for this pandemic is not isolation, but cooperation!
The French Ministry of Defense has published a call for tenders which allows us to structure the needs into several categories.
For each of these categories, this document has identified possible responses and companies likely to offer the most suitable solutions; we will contact these companies to submit this call for tenders.
This article is not perfect, it is obviously not exhaustive, especially at this stage, and it will be updated according to the information we receive.
The objective for us is to ensure that this call for tenders is relayed as much as possible and, using our tools, to identify the companies likely to respond.
Who we are: Hypios CrowdInnovation is a French company that helps corporations meet specific R&D needs with our unique approach to open-problem solving.
1.Individual or collective protection, carers and populations (eg masks, “makeshift hygiaphones”, innovative concepts of protection, barriers, recycling techniques, Do It Yourself, etc.)
1.2 Japanese recycled masks
Facing the problem of a shortage of masks in Japan, two Japanese companies came up with a new recycled mask to prevent new coronaviruses. Unlike traditional masks, the main raw material is ” Echizen Washi” which is a traditional Japanese paper.
This mask was developed by Fine mode, Echizen Sewing Company, and Kamiwashou Ltd (石川製紙株式会社). It can be used repeatedly by replacing the paper mask pad with a deodorizing effect in the cloth mask. Kamiwashou Ltd has previously applied for a patent for this special Japanese paper and used it as a raw material to produce deodorizing pads.
This cloth mask uses polyester fiber on the outside, skin-friendly organic cotton on the inside, and a paper mask pad made of iodine anion exchange resin in the middle. This resin not only has the deodorizing ability but also has an antibacterial effect.
2. Management of the safety distance between individuals
3. Automation of tasks for removal, cleaning of equipment or rooms
4. Facilitation of the deployment of field hospitals in support of populations
5. Crisis management, referral, structuring / modularity of care chains (e.g. logistics management, HR, etc.)
6. Production of new decontamination solutions for all types of surface, for small and large equipment, for living spaces, etc.
6.1 UV Germi
7. Mass production capacity of decontamination solutions
8. Support for medical care (production of missing equipment or treatment, concept of recycling, diversion or other idea to make up for these shortcomings)
Possible solutions/Relevant articles
Abstract: The Jack Ma Foundation and Alibaba Foundation have convened a group of medical experts who have just returned from the frontlines of fighting the pandemic. With the support of The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine (FAHZU), they quickly published a guidebook on the clinical experience of how to treat this new coronavirus. The treatment guide offers advice and reference against the pandemic for medical staff around the world who are about to join the war.
9. Detection of the virus in the environment
10. Rapid diagnosis and self-diagnosis and associated behavior – massive screening – participatory screening
use thermal imaging drones to provide residents with zero contact and remote body temperature measurement to allow high technology to play a high role effectiveness.
11. Management of the individual and societal psychological impact (communication and awareness-raising on the crisis and the epidemic, improvement of the perception of the risk of epidemic, management of the post-crisis, etc.)
12. Factors limiting movement and combating transgression
13. Improvement of remote work (digital continuity tools, security, etc.)
14. Improvement of life in home isolation (digital but also outside digital solutions)
15. Other duly argued themes.
Even though it is not directly linked to Covid crisis, in countries where the containment has been enforced, blood donation decreases. Here are some elements to help:
*Even though the tender was released by the French Ministry of Defense, Hypios, as a company with an international company, will be pleased to post on this page new ideas from around the world.
**Hypios CI is broadcasting possible solutions and ideas, which has been found on the Internet and we cannot guarantee or accept any responsibility for the authenticity of these links.